Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > The Hall of Knowledge > The Campfire

Notices

Old Jun 13, 2005, 06:54 PM // 18:54   #1
theclam
Jungle Guide

Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default No Downtime Monk

I see a lot of people complaining about party members in PUGs who run off before the healers have time to regain their mana. I very rarely have that problem, because I'm very rarely low on mana after a battle is over. So, I decided to share my solution to that problem. I've used variations of this build very successfully for the last few missions and this is the one I settled on. It uses Vigorous Spirit to reduce the need for healing and Signet of Devotion to reduce your energy costs.

Divine Favor - 11 + 4
Healing Prayers - 10 + 1
Protection Prayers - 10 + 1

Runes (I use minor vigor and major divine favor, because I'm poor, but this is what I'd ideally use)
Minor Healing
Minor Protection
Superior Divine Favor
Superior Vigor

Hat
+1 Divine Favor

Reversal of Fortune
Word of Healing (Elite)
Signet of Devotion
Vigorous Spirit
Heal Party
Remove Hex
Mend Ailment
Rebirth

Strategy:
-Cast Vigorous Spirit on anyone suffering light to moderate damage.
-Cast Signet of Devotion on anyone who already has Vigorous Spirit.
-Cast Signet of Devotion as often as you can. The more times you cast it, the less you have to use your energy.
-Don't be afraid to use Rebirth in combat, but don't use it very often. With the low energy costs of this build, you will be able to heal well even if you are out of mana.
-Use Vigorous Spirit, Remove Hex, Mend Ailment, and Reversal of Fortune as small heals. With high Divine Favor, they work very effectively at that.
-Cast Word of Healing on people taking moderate to heavy damage, or people below 50% health. Use something else for small heals. This is because it doesn't have any other effect besides healing, meaning overhealing won't help you, and because it has a 4 second cooldown.
-You'll have the energy to spam Heal Party 2 or 3 times if several party members are low on health.

Strengths:
-Very low energy costs
-Good Healing
-Hex Removal
-Condition Removal

Weaknesses:
-No Offense
-Doesn't have as much raw healing power as a build that demands more energy
-Weak self-healing abilities
-This build is better at preventing people from getting low on life, by constantly healing with Vigorous Spirit and Signet of Devotion, than at healing people who are almost dead.

I haven't tested this build very much in PvP, but it worked pretty well the few times that I used it.
theclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 08:07 PM // 20:07   #2
walder
Elite Guru

If I were you, I would make two changes:
1) Rebirth to Restore Life or Ressurect. It's never a good idea to give up all your energy. If someone is dead chances are nobody is standing over their body waiting for them to get up, they are busy killing someone else. A regular res will be more efficient and then just throw them a heal like Word of Healing and they are ready to go.
2) Mend Ailment to Healing Touch. You mentioned that you do not have very strong self-healing and Healing Touch is perfect for that. With the double Divine bonus thats really all you need, and it's also a cheap skill energy wise. You can take out Remove Hex if conditions become more of a problem than hexes but I don't find that to be the case as often.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:20 PM // 22:20   #3
BigTru
Jungle Guide

Nah, I think this is for PvE, where Rebirth is probably the best line of choice when sh*t hits the fans (FoE/ UW anyone?).
BigTru is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!